Best Student Paper Award
Purpose and eligibility criteria: see IEEE CSS webpage.
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Procedure: Nominations must be made by the student’s advisor through PaperPlaza, using this nomination form. Please contact Graziano Chesi ([email protected]) for any further information on this award.
IEEE CSS Student Travel Support Program of CDC 2021
The Organizing Committee of CDC 2021 is pleased to announce Student Travel Support, made available by the IEEE Control Systems Society. These funds are meant to enhance the chances of promising students to attend CDC 2021, present their papers and become more integrated into the CSS scientific community. The funds available are not reimbursed to the student awardees, but are applied by the conference organizers to (i) conference registration and (ii) partial lodging expenses; please click here for more information.
Eligibility and Requirements
- must be an author or co-author of a paper accepted for presentation at CDC 2021,
- must be a (student) member of both IEEE and CSS, at the time of the conference registration,
- must register at the conference (please see the related instructions),
- must present a paper.
In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, additional criteria will be used to make a selection among the applicants. These additional criteria, in decreasing order of importance, prefer applicants who have not benefited from this scheme in the last two years, will present more than one paper at the conference, have been student members of the CSS since more years, can demonstrate active participation in CSS. In addition, the selection committee may decide to limit awards where more than one presenter from the same institution would otherwise be offered an award to attend the same conference.
The application website opens on July 16 and closes on August 7. To apply, students must fill in the form available at http://homepages.laas.fr/lzaccari/StudentSupport/
using login: student
The filled form must be converted to PDF format, and uploaded/submitted through PaperPlaza as follows:
- Step 1: Select Submit a paper or session proposal for the CDC 2021
- Step 2: Select First Submissions: Student Travel Form (please make sure that the student who is applying for the travel support is listed as corresponding author of the application!)
- Step 3: To complete the application procedure, the Student’s Advisor must contact via e-mail Giulia Giordano, Student Activities Chair of the IEEE Control Systems Society ([email protected]), and provide her with the following information:
- Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student under the advisor’s supervision and is planning to attend and present a paper at the CDC 2021.
- Short message of support of the student’s application (less than 10 lines).
Deadlines and Award Notification
- July 16: the application website opens
- August 7: the application website closes
- August 31: decision messages about support recipients are expected to be sent out
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register until you have received the decision letter where the details of the special registration procedure for Student Travel Awardees will be announced. Please be aware that the registration fee may not be reimbursed in case you have already registered using the standard registration procedure!
- September 10: deadline for registering and uploading the final version of the manuscript.