Best Student Paper Award
Purpose and eligibility criteria: See IEEE CSS webpage.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
The BSPA nomination is a two step process:
- Fill out this nomination form. Upon submitting the form, you will receive an email including all your responses. Print this email to a PDF file that will serve as nomination form. Your responses in the form may be updated until the deadline.
- Submit your nomination through the new Awards Portal in Paperplaza. Here you will create your nomination and submit the PDF nomination form created at Step 1.
IEEE CSS Student Travel Support Program of CDC 2021
The Organizing Committee of CDC 2021 is pleased to announce Student Travel Support, made available by the IEEE Control Systems Society. These funds are meant to enhance the chances of promising students to attend CDC 2021, present their papers and become more integrated into the CSS scientific community. The funds available are not reimbursed to the student awardees, but are applied by the conference organizers to (i) conference registration and (ii) partial lodging expenses; please click here for more information.
The Student Support will grant complimentary Student Registration, including 1 paper upload, and complimentary registration for Workshops.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Receiving the Student Support for the virtual CDC 2021 will not affect, or penalise, any applications for the award in future years.
Eligibility and Requirements
Each applicant must be a student member of both IEEE and CSS, at the time of the conference registration.
In case the number of applicants exceeds the budget, priority will be given to students who have authored or co-authored a paper accepted for presentation at CDC 2021 and commit to presenting the paper. If needed, additional criteria may be used to make a selection among the applicants.
The support will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis.
The application window closes on
September 21 November 30. To apply, students must fill in the form available at https://engineering.purdue.edu/~philpare/CSS_student_support/ using
The filled form must be converted to PDF format, and uploaded/submitted through PaperPlaza as follows:
- Select “Submit a contribution to CDC 2021”
- Select “First Submissions: Student Travel Support” and please make sure that the Student who is applying for the support is listed as corresponding author of the Student Travel Support submission
To complete the application procedure, the Student’s Advisor must contact via e-mail Giulia Giordano, Student Activities Chair of the IEEE Control Systems Society ([email protected]), and provide her with the following information:
Certification that the applicant is currently enrolled as a student under the advisor’s supervision. If applicable, also state that the student (co-)authored and is going to present a paper at CDC 2021.
Support letters are no longer needed, as long as the applicant is an IEEE+CSS Student Member as declared in the application PDF.
Deadlines and Award Notification
September 21: the application website closes September 24: decision messages about support recipients are expected to be sent out IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register until you have received the decision letter where the details of the special registration procedure for Student Travel Awardees will be announced. Please be aware that the registration fee may not be reimbursed in case you have already registered using the standard registration procedure! September 30: deadline for registering and uploading the final version of the manuscript.
- November 30: the (second) application window closesDecember 3: decision messages about support recipients are expected to be sent out