Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratory (MERL), located in Cambridge, MA, is the North American R&D organization for Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, a $40B global manufacturer of electrical products including elevator and escalators, HVAC systems, electrical power systems, satellites, factory automation equipment, automotive electronics and visual information systems. Controls researchers at MERL collaborate with corporate R&D laboratories, business units in Japan and academic partners around the world to develop new control algorithms and control technologies that extend the performance envelope of these systems.
- MERL interns work closely with top researchers, and gain valuable industry experience – at an impressive 1:1 intern to researcher ratio.
- Internships are expected to lead to publications in major conferences and journals.
- We offer competitive compensation and relocation assistance.
- Boston is a fantastic student-oriented city, home to some of the best universities in the world.
- The summer season is especially lively as MERL and Boston are teeming with interns and visitors from all over the world.
More information coming soon.
SIAM publishes high-quality textbooks and monographs in print and electronic format. Visit the booth and view new and backlist titles, including those in our Advances in Design and Control series, and take advantage of the conference discount. If you are interested in publishing a book, Executive Editor Elizabeth Greenspan will be happy to discuss how SIAM partners with authors to publish books with outstanding production values at reasonable prices.